|Liquid-tight Container with Lid
HEILBRONN -- At CHINAPLAS, Guangzhou, May 16 to 19, ILLIG will present for the first time the production of thermoformed liquid-tight containers with lid, Hall 5.1,
Take Away Container
On stand K21, the containers are manufactured on an automatic pressure forming machine, type IC-RDK 80, with a 12-up container mold out of transparent PP. The Heilbronn company has developed the “take away container” which can be tightly closed by a lid based on requirements by customers from the Asian market.
ILLIG packaging specialists have analyzed and then designed and realized all stages of the pack development: From the first idea and material selection through to mold production. This also included own application tests with respect to tightness and stackability (top load).
ILLIG’s Thermoforming Technology
- With IC-RDK series ILLIG developed a forming and punching technology suitable to achieve excellent part quality and reproducibility of packs.
- The machines feature high availability and easy operation.
- Heated materials are formed by means of pre-stretcher and compressed air; the part is punched out of the material in the same cycle.
- By this method parts can be manufactured without punching mismatch in the rim area and thus automatic pack processing is improved.
Complete Production Line for Drinking Cups on Trade Fair Stand
- A fully automated production line for drinking cups - everything from one source - will also be showcased at the trade fair.
- The forming machine is a state-of-the-art IC-RDM 70K automatic roll-fed machine.
- Drinking cups are manufactured on this line with an 18-up cup mold out of APET, forming area 680 mm x 300 mm.
- The trade fair machine is combined with an in-line SZA 73c stacking machine of modular design.
- The stacking machine can be variably equipped with different discharge options.
- Whenever the application changes the SZA 73c can be easily adapted thanks to the modular system.
Machines of the IC-RDM K series are also frequently used as in-line systems with pre-linked extruders, e.g. for large-volume production of drinking cups in quantities of millions. The ILLIG IC (ILLIG Intelligent Control Concept) supports the aspects relevant for large-volume production. It includes modules for general process optimization, high productivity and availability as well as minimization of operation costs.
Thermoforming System with IC-RDM 70K Automatic Roll-fed Machine,
Combined with a Servo-driven SZA 73c Stacking Machine
Leading IML-T Technology
Moreover, ILLIG will present the decorative and economic potentials of in-mold labeling in thermoforming (IML-T) at CHINAPLAS.
- IML-T lines are realized with so-called cup machines of the RDM-K series.
- This decoration technology is also integrated in form, fill and seal lines (FSL lines).
- An IML unit removes the printed blanks (labels) from a magazine and places them in the mold cavities in the forming station of the thermoformer.
- Every cavity can be equipped individually with a label, thus product changes can be performed fast and easily.
- The label bonds true to contour and permanently with the part wall during the subsequent forming process.
- Currently, ILLIG is the only supplier of an IML system in thermoforming (machine and mold technology) worldwide. Meanwhile, several machines have been put into operation on the market.
Cleantivity® – Cleanliness in Machine Manufacturing And Availability
Derived from the comprehensive expertise in the field of hygiene in form, fill and seal lines (FFS lines), ILLIG transferred the technology of cleanliness in the production process to its thermoformers – this is accompanied by higher machine availability. ILLIG calls this concept Cleantivity® - derived from the terms “cleanliness” and “productivity”. It is our intent to extend operating time, running time and, ultimately, quality time of the thermoforming machines, in order to achieve a high line output of parts of excellent quality.
ILLIG is among the leading global suppliers of high-performance thermoforming machines and molds, as well as solutions for the packaging industry. The company's product and services portfolio includes the development, design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of complex production lines and components. With branches and sales agencies in over 80 countries, ILLIG is locally present in all markets around the globe. For nearly 70 years, the owner-operated enterprise has been serving its customers across the globe as a reliable partner for the cost-effective manufacturing of complex precision thermoplastic parts with innovative technology of unsurpassed quality and comprehensive worldwide after-sales support.