AURORA, Ill. -- Processing Technologies International, LLC (PTi) has entered into the high-speed extruder segment with the launch of its Super-G® High-Speed Extruders for the processing of polypropylene (PP) and high-impact polystyrene (HIPS) for the packaging market. The Super-G® SGHS3000, which comes in two models, delivers significant performance advantages and overcomes the limitations of competitive products.
New G Series High-Speed Extruder
New Industry Standards
Dana Hanson, president of PTi, said:
“Our new high-speed extruder technology sets a new industry standard because of its innovative and unique design and performance. This technology offers our customer base a high-speed solution that delivers improved melt quality as a result of our Super-G® Lobe screw technology and is offered integrated with all of our advanced G-Series® Configurable roll stand configurations.”
Super-G® High-Speed Extruders
- The Super-G® SGHS3000-36D is equipped with a 500 hp motor and runs at a maximum speed of 1000 rpm while the Super-G® SGHS3000-42D has a 600 hp motor and runs at a maximum speed of 1200 rpm.
- Each is capable of faster speeds, however, PTi establishes the maximum rated speed based on an upper motor load threshold of 85%. For processing of PP, the Super-G® SGHS3000-36D has a production output of approximately 3,000 lb/hr.
In addition to delivering excellent melt quality, PTi’s high-speed extruders feature carbide-lined barrels and Colmonoy hard-faced feed screws versus case-hardened screws as featured on competitive models.
- The Super-G® high-speed extruders boast an oversized feed section which promotes higher regrind feed rates (up to +70%) along with a streamlined feed hopper with support, delivery chute, and tramp metal protection.
- Other key features include feed screw removal out-the-back of the unit, an easy-cleanout vent chamber, and linear bearing barrel glide support (patent pending).
- Special air-cooled heater and blower assemblies limit the exterior heater temperature for safety and efficiency purposes (< 110°F) versus competitive models which can be as high as 500° F.
The machine is very energy efficient (i.e.; PP 6-7+ pounds per hour per horsepower) and features a compact footprint of 17.5-ft x 4.5-ft (5.3m x 1.4m) for optimal space utilization.
The Super-G® High-Speed Extruders are manufactured in the U.S. at PTi headquarters in Aurora, Ill.
About Processing Technologies International, LLC (PTi)
Processing Technologies International, LLC, based in Aurora, Ill., is among the leading global manufacturers of high-performance sheet extrusion machinery, serving more than 20 countries. Established in 1988, PTi produces and services single-screw extrusion equipment for many end-use markets including packaging, construction, automotive, lawn and garden, office products, signage and displays, and appliances. PTi’s extrusion systems are engineered to exacting standards and offer an exceptional range of design features which result in superior equipment performance.
Source: Processing Technologies International, LLC (PTi)