Zion Research has published a new report titled “Carbon Nanotubes Market, By Type (Single Walled Nanotubes (SWNT), Multi Walled Nanotubes (MWNT)) for Polymers, Electrical and Electronics, Energy, Composites and Other Applications: Global Industry Perspective, Comprehensive Analysis and Forecast, 2016 – 2021”. According to the report, the carbon nanotubes market accounted for USD 2.36 Billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 5.31 Billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of around 18.6% between 2016 and 2021.
Carbon Nanotubes Market
Carbon nanotubes are nano-sized cylindrical tubes made up of carbon atoms. Carbon nanotubes are segmented by type as single walled nanotubes and multi walled nanotubes. Multi walled nanotubes accounted for significant market share. Revenue value for multi walled nanotubes accounted USD 2.07 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow up to USD 5.12 billion during the forecast period. Furthermore, single walled nanotubes accounted only 6.0% of the total carbon nanotubes market.
CNT Market Growth Analysis
E&E Segment Dominates CNT Market
- Electrical and electronics segment accounted over 20% share of the total global carbon nanotubes market in 2015, followed by polymers.
- The global carbon nanotubes are expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period on account of increasing demand from polymers industry.
- India, being the global leader in electrical and electronics market will witness a massive investment in CNT in the future.
- Besides the polymers and electrical and electronics segments, India is set to witness a CAGR growth of 45.3% (2016-2021) in the field of nanotechnology for energy sectors.
- Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing regional market for CNTs due to the inflow of FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) in the energy sector.
Asia-Pacific - Largest Market for CNTs
- In terms of geography, Asia-Pacific was the largest market for carbon nanotubes in the world due to the increasing demand for polymers and electrical and electronics industries.
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific accounted for the major chunk of the total carbon nanotubes market in 2015.
- Moreover, CNTs market has the huge opportunity in the emerging markets of North America due to the robust manufacturing of engineered polymers industry in this region during the forecast period.
- North America and Europe are together accounted 50% of the global market.
Key players in the market include Carbon Solutions, Inc., Cheap Tubes Inc., Klean Carbon Inc., Nanocyl S.A., Nanolab Inc., Southwest Nanotechnologies, Inc., Nanothinx S.A., Toray Industries, Inc., Arry International Group Limited, Hanwha Chemical Co. Ltd.
About Zion Market Research
Zion Market Research is an obligated company. It creates futuristic, cutting edge, informative reports ranging from industry reports, the company reports to country reports. Zion Research provides clients not only with market statistics unveiled by avowed private publishers and public organizations but also with vogue and newest industry reports along with pre-eminent and niche company profiles. Its database of market research reports comprises a wide variety of reports from cardinal industries.
Source: Zion Market Research