DURANEX® PBT Flame Retardant Grades
Polyplastics Co., Ltd.
has released information about its recent development of unique materials that can improve customers’ product quality in terms of fire-safety and other additional features.
Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) is an engineering resin with well-balanced properties. Different types of PBT can be created through the addition of various additives, allowing it to be used in a variety of applications -- from the electrical/electronic to the automotive fields.
Recent years have seen a real escalation in safety requirements for reducing the risk of fires, and in material requirements for improving the durability of components. At Polyplastics, we develop flame-retardant PBT grades that meet these demands. We are ready to meet your every need.
DURANEX® PBT NF Series with Halogen-free Flame Retardant
DURANEX® PBT 330GW with High Glow Wire Ignition Temperature
- The NF Series satisfies the requirement for halogen-free flame-retardant materials derived from corporate policies and environmental protection initiatives.
- In addition, the drastically improved tracking resistance of the NF Series allows for increased design freedom, including shortening of the creep age distance between terminals.
DURANEX® PBT LT Series with Improved Long-term Properties
- 330GW exhibits outstanding glow wire characteristics, with an ignition temperature (GWIT) of 775 C or above.
- According to IEC60335-1, an international standard relating to the safety of major household appliances, parts composed of 330GW are exempt from glow wire testing (GWT) regardless of their thickness or shape.
DURANEX® PBT 950SM with Low Warpage and Hydrolysis Resistance
- The growing prevalence of electric automobiles and hybrid cars has led to a surge in demand for flame-retardant PBT materials with long-term durability.
- That’s why Polyplastics developed the LT Series, which features improved heat shock resistance and hydrolysis resistance.
We developed this material for application in equipment for next-generation electric power networks, such as solar power networks.
Besides flame retardancy, 950SM exhibits properties ideal for use in components requiring low warpage, such as housing materials, and environments requiring durability, such as outdoor environments.
DURANEX® is a registered trademark of Polyplastics Co., Ltd. in Japan and other countries and is used by WinTech Polymer Ltd. under license.
Source: Polyplastics Co., Ltd.