RadiciGroup Performance Plastics, the Group business area specializing in the production of polymers and polyamide engineering plastics, in particular, has widened its product portfolio in the Brazilian market with its new RADILON® Aestus T range of polyphthalamide (PPA) polyamides.
RadiciGroup in Automotive World
High-temperature Resistant RADILON® Aestus T Polyphthalamide
- RADILON® Aestus T is a line of high performance, high-temperature resistant products developed in step with the new trends and the international standards of the automotive industry.
- With its new brand, RadiciGroup delivers products that are ideal for under-the-bonnet applications and ensure high temperature and high flame resistance, as well as chemical resistance and resistance to aggressive fluids.
- The RADILON® Aestus T brand is officially launched on the Brazilian domestic market during the FEIPLASTIC 2017 trade show, April 3 to 7, at Expo Center Norte in São Paulo, Brazil.
Substituting Metals for Distinct Advantages
In the automotive sector, polyamide is increasingly used to replace metal
due to its physical, mechanical and structural characteristics. Faced with new trends in the automotive industry
, such as smaller and more powerful engines, lower CO2
limits and reduced under-bonnet space, PAs respond with structural and heat resistance
even at high temperatures, good processability and a competitive price.
Jane Campos, country manager of RadiciGroup Performance Plastics in Brazil, said:
“The objective is not just to reduce cost but also vehicle weight, enhance driver safety and decrease CO2 emissions, while improving car fuel efficiency. And these are precisely the main attractive features of RADILON® Aestus. We should not forget to mention the brand’s high melting point and high deformation point under load; its excellent resistance to prolonged ageing in air, glycol and alcohol-petrol blends; and its good flowability, which makes the molding of very thin-walled parts possible.”
RADILON® Aestus T’s Main Target Markets
Electrical / Electronics
- The performance characteristics of the new Aestus T PPA line make these materials ideal for the manufacture of lead-free soldering parts and components with excellent mechanical resistance at high temperatures.
- Of particular importance is the flame resistance delivered by RADILON® Aestus T products, which have been designed to be rated in flammability class V0, according to UL94, even in the case of thin-walled components.
Water / Plumbing
- The RADILON® Aestus T range is ideal for the manufacture of fittings coming into contact with hot water at temperatures of up to 85 degrees.
- It has steam resistance up to 120 degrees. Applications include valves, hot water distribution manifolds and water-meter housings.
- RADILON® Aestus T can also be used for parts coming into contact with drinking water.
Hot Beverage Dispensing Machines
- In this specific sector, the new RadiciGroup polyphthalamide (PPA) materials are ideal for the
- manufacture of parts resistant to hot water (up to 85 degrees) and steam (up to 120 degrees), as
- well as parts coming into contact with food.
Besides the automotive industry, RadiciGroup is engaged in a number of other sectors: electrical/electronics, household appliances and industrial.
Gianluigi Molteni, head of Marketing & Business Development of RadiciGroup Performance Plastics Americas & Pacific, said:
“RadiciGroup boasts over 35 years’ experience in the field of engineering plastics. Nowadays, RadiciGroup Performance Plastics’ strength is its global organization, distinguished by a network of production, commercial, marketing and R&D units in Italy and the rest of Europe, North America, South America and Asia, which allows us to satisfy all of our customers with a comprehensive, innovative and sustainable offering.”
|RadiciGroup at FEIPLASTIC 2017
RadiciGroup’s High Performance Products’ Portfolio at FEIPLASTIC
- RADILON® HHR: PA 6.6 engineering plastics featuring excellent hot-air ageing resistance at temperatures of up to 210°C.
- RADILON® XTreme: Products developed for hot-air applications at continuous operating temperatures of up to 230°C.
- RADISTRONG®: PA 6 and PA 6.6 long-fiber specialties, ideal for metal replacement.
- RADILON® A and S: Highly versatile glass-fiber filled polyamides 6 and 6.6, thanks to their mechanical, thermal and chemical properties, customization potential and a wide variety of colors.
- RADIFLAM® HF: Flame-retardant, halogen- and phosphorous-free products for the electrical sector.
- RADILON® DT: Long-fiber nylon 6.12 engineering plastics with good mechanical properties and excellent chemical resistance, even to zinc chloride solutions.
- RADILON® D: Nylon 6.10 engineering plastics produced from PA 6.10, a biopolymer obtained from sebacic acid (64% by weight). Radilon® Ds ensure a high level of sustainability, as well as excellent performance.
With approximately 3,000 employees, a sales revenue of EUR 1,011 million in 2015, and a network of production and sales sites located throughout Europe, North America, South America and Asia, RadiciGroup
is one of the world’s leading producers of a wide range of chemical intermediates, polyamide polymers, engineering plastics, synthetic fibers and nonwovens. These products are the result of the Group’s outstanding chemical know-how and vertical integration in the polyamide production chain, developed to be used in a variety of industrial sectors such as: Automotive – Electrical and Electronics – Consumer Goods – Apparel – Furnishings – Construction – Household Appliances – Sport.