Liquid Crystal Polymer
- Chemically aromatic copolyesters
- Self-reinforcing materials
- High temperature resistance
- Heat distortion temperature (170–350°C)
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Good solvent resistance
- Good chemical resistance (thin walled applications)
- Low water absorption
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Good electrical insulation properties
- Fire resistant at higher temperatures
- Low flammability with a limiting oxygen index (range of 35 to 40)
- High specific gravity of about 1.4.
Liquid Crystal Polymer shows little dimensional change when exposed to high temperatures. Liquid Crystal Polymer applications include automotive, healthcare/medical, electrical/electronics (sockets, connectors, switches, sensors, etc.) amongst various others.
Liquid Crystal Polymer Advantages & Disadvantages